DUIs and College Students
Underage drinking is extremely prevalent on and around college campuses. As Texas is a “zero tolerance” state, a minor caught driving with any trace of alcohol in their system is subject to a DUI charge. It is very important that college students understand drinking laws in order to avoid being charged with an alcohol-related crime.
College students can be an easy target of the prosecution without a solid defense. If you or someone you love is charged with a DUI, contact the San Antonio DUI defense attorneys at the Law Offices of Chris S. Barnett to discuss your case. Call us at 210-587-6464.
Negative Effects of a DUI Conviction
A DUI can have a particularly negative impact on the lives of students. Some of the possible consequences include:
- Limitations on a driver’s license: This can limit the time of day or way in which students can get to and from class, work, or even impair the student from going home to visit family
- Steep fines that must come out of allotted funds for the semester (loan, scholarship, allowance from parents, etc.) and will be unable to be used on books, tuition, or rent
- Jail time, which can interfere with class or other obligations
- Required alcohol awareness classes and/or community service hours that take away from class and study time
- The loss of scholarships or membership in certain organizations
If you or your student child has been charged with DUI, the compassionate San Antonio DUI defense lawyers at the Law Offices of Chris S. Barnett are here to help. We are prepared to offer you the vigorous and committed legal defense that you deserve. Contact us today at 210-587-6464.